Rich and I took a very quick trip to Waco to help Joey and Amanda pack up their house! It was fast, so I am sorry if you did not get a call. We wanted to see everyone, but it was quick! We plan on an extended trip in the near future! Amanda and Joey are moving to Houston to start their lives without school! Joey just graduated law school and took a job a firm in Houston. Amanda will be continuing her work for March of Dimes, just in the Houston office.
They were such a big help to us when we moved, we figured we owed them the same! Rich and I have packed up Craig and Kayleigh, and now Amanda and Joey. I am glad friends did not keep us in Waco! We would have had some serious complaints about everyone moving. They all just decided to follow in our footsteps :)
![]() |
| Used Book Store...I found some goodies |
![]() |
| One of my Waco favorites |
| I love my girl. She had a blast with Harley and got to meet Dakota. |
Last year when it was time for us to get in the u-haul and leave for Coppell, Amanda was at our old house and opened the kitchen cabinet to find 3 shelves completely untouched! I had packed so much I was over it and was throwing stuff in boxes! I consider myself to be very organized, a list maker, and I don't procrastinate, but there is something about moving everything you have into a new city and new home, that my mind had left me for a bit. I knew more eyes to see can be helpful. I mostly helped Amanda pack the kitchen while the boys took down curtains. Amanda is a seriously good packer! She means business.
We packed up their office too. The best book I found was 2002 Ways to Say I love you- or something like that. Joey said he got it for a dollar. I am glad he didn't pay much for it. The ideas were things like spend $200 on a bouquet of flowers, give a diamond necklace, spend $100 at dinner. This book obviously had the wrong idea about valuing money. Everything had a price. It was hilarious! The book needed to list ideas for coming into extra cash! Sorry if you love that book, I told them to give it away :) All in all, it was a fun trip! It was the last time we will see them in Waco. Except for homecoming of course.


No comments:
Post a Comment