Friday, May 18, 2012

Softball/Cookout

VRBC had a staff softball game/cookout. It was something I was really looking forward to! Now, I didn't play in the game, but I took a couple practice swings before it got started. I surprised myself when the bat made contact with the ball! It was a blast.



I made "Puppy Chow" cookies. They were tasty! I found the recipe on Betty Crocker. I typically am not one for a package of add water, oil, and egg cookies, but I needed to make quite a few of these and I wanted to make it quick. I had a lot going on that day! I love making cookies from scratch, so I was a little worried how these would taste. They were delicious! I cooked the cookies for 8 minutes. They have to be 100 percent cooled before trying the next step. My first batch I was a little impatient and wanted to see what would happen. It was a gooey mess! Making the cookies is a process well worth it in the end! All in all it was a fun night! 

I found this awesome link on Pinterest. It is make your own Betty Crocker cookie mixes. They are ready except for the oil, water, egg, chocolate chips, etc. It is the same cookie in a jar idea. Except they are for your pantry, so no need to dress it up unless you want to! Not to mention they don't  have all the artificial yuckiness. I am definitely going to try this! 

1 comment: