Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We are going to Guatemala!

Rich and I are very excited to have the opportunity to travel to Guatemala in November. We are going with a team from VRBC and Buckner. Some of you know I had the opportunity to serve in Guatemala in high school and I loved it! I am so so excited to go back. 

During our time in Guatemala, Rich and I will be serving at a Buckner Community Transformation Center in the community of San Jose Pinula which is near Guatemala City. We will be doing spiritual enrichment, education, community improvement, Bible school, etc. This is the first time Rich and I will be serving internationally together. We have been on mission trips with students, but this trip is considered a family trip and our first without students. 

We have sent out our support letters and are thrilled to see the responses. We are trying to come up with an idea for fundraising, such as odd jobs, etc. Any thoughts are welcome. We covet your prayers and are excited to be serving God in new ways. 

High school me in Guatemala
Some of my favorite people I met while there. Please excuse my 17 year old photo skills. 
More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment