This week was our first week to try our "No tech Tuesdays." It is an idea we talked about and decided to put into practice. I am actually really excited about it. Basically every Tuesday from 6 pm until 9 pm or later we have zero technology. No phones, computer, TV, etc.
We love our TV shows, blogs, video games, phones, etc. etc. but the reality is after being on all those things everyday we came to the conclusion that it is important to have a designated time away from them. I of course being such a planner said, "What if there is an emergency?" Rich said if we continue to hear our phone rings we will check them, but otherwise it is not a very long time and we will make it.
Last night we both realized how nice it was to have quiet. I read a magazine, he hit some golf balls. We have not decided on all the "rules" yet, but I can tell you I thoroughly enjoyed the first "No tech Tuesday." I am looking forward to the intentional time with each other. It is amazing what a few hours away from everything can do. We felt refreshed and realized how hyped up electronics can make us.
Here's to many more!
Love the new blog layout, and I really like this idea! It's so hard to put the computer and phones away, but amazing that I get so much more done! I just finished reading "7" by Jen Hatmaker, and it talks about fasting from technology. You both have me thinking!
ReplyDelete