Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our Getaway

The week of July 4th Rich and I took off to Austin for a few days of family, sun, and fun. My sister and her husband were house sitting a pretty awesome house for about 10 days. They invited Rich and I to come down for a little vacation. It was amazing to have the little details worked out for us. Georgia was ready to play as soon as we arrived, and did not slow down! It is so fun to see how much she grows and changes.

The first night we hung out by the pool, ordered in take out, and went to bed early. The next morning, Rich and I headed to SUP ATX. Neither one of us had done this before and had no clue what to expect. It was a little shaky for me at first, but soon enough I had the hang of it! Rich and I are talking about buying our own boards to use at local lakes. After time on the lake we went to Galaxy Cafe. It was a first visit for both of us and I can say without fail that we will be frequenting Galaxy when we visit Austin.



After lunch we went back to the house and spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool. Rich and I ended the night meeting up with Kayleigh, Craig, and our friend Jamie for dinner at County Line. 



There are two things I love about County Line... their bread, and the view! The pictures above do not begin to show how breathtaking it is. Ok, their bread... they sell their day old bread for $1.00 so Rich bought it to make french toast for us the next morning.. which happened to be July 4! It was tasty and fun to have a big breakfast to celebrate the holiday!




We spent the July 4th at the pool, getting sno cones, watching movies, and relaxing. My sister and Matthew made us all a wonderful steak dinner. I could not have imagined a better vacation! Thanks guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment