Monday, September 12, 2011

Megan and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day


"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day."

Little did I know when I woke up on Sunday morning it would be a day much like this beloved children's book. It began Saturday when I was leaving a work conference. I was stuck in the worst traffic I have ever been in. It took over 2 hours for me to move 4.5 miles. A 45 minute drive took me 3 hours! So naturally after being awake since 5 am I went to bed early and woke up to a great morning.

It was a regular Sunday. All except that Rich was out of town at a retreat. Things tend to happen to me when he leaves. I have locked my self out of the house, car has died, you get the point. Well Joy was in town from Honduras and I was going to pick her up in Dallas so she could stay with me and I could take her to the airport at 4 am the next day!

So I started doing house stuff, laundry, cleaning, etc. This is when the toilet in our bathroom decided to overflow! Gross!! I cleaned everything up, called Rich and told him we needed to get a plumber asap. No big deal. Then I leave to go get Joy and my car wont start! Awesome. I call Rich and he left a extra key to his car in the house. So all I had to do was get to the church and take his car. I finally got my car to start (if you know me well you know my car is basically a lemon so this is more frustrating b/c we thought it was fixed) and headed to the church. I get in Rich's car and his engine light is on! I think I handled it well. I laughed. Maybe because I would go crazy otherwise.

I got to Dallas and enjoyed a great afternoon then dinner at Cheesecake Factory with Joy and Natalie. Cheesecake Factory always gives you too much food so naturally I brought the leftovers home for Rich. He got back from the retreat at 5. Well he was reheating the pizza box and asked me if I lit a candle because something was burning. I said no, opened the oven and the pizza box was on fire! He remained calm and I just said this is insane! We were able to safely put the fire out and no damage was done. Sheesh. What a day!


Joy loves Tegan

1 comment: