Two years ago I married my very best friend. It was the most gorgeous day outside, hot, but perfect. I remember waking up and taking every moment in. A woman I respect so very much gave me words of wisdom that stuck with me. She said, "When you wake up the morning of your wedding, sit down and pray that you would remember every little detail. Remember the music you listened to that morning, the prayers you prayed, everything." That helped so much, thankfully I remember the day well! Of course, there are things I forgot, it was a long day after all! Most importantly, I remember our vows. Two years ago, we made promises to each other. Every anniversary Rich and I watch our wedding video. All of it, the whole ceremony and everything. It reminds us of things we often forget during the year. I love this man with my whole heart. I have grown to love him even more 2 years later. I did not think that was possible! I have been blessed to have 2 years of marriage with him. So much has happened in two years. We got Tegan, we have a niece, we moved, Rich got a new job, graduated seminary, made new friends, missed old friends, went on vacations, cried, laughed, loved and lossed. I am grateful for our marriage and our friendship.





So happy for you two! Congratulations on two years! Hope today is special.
ReplyDelete