Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Water for Elephants



I have been reading this book for the past few weeks. It honestly took me a little while to get into it. There are some scenes I could do without. Although it has some pretty rough scenes involving animals I continue to read. This prompted me to research animal cruelty in the circus. I am going to be totally honest here...I have always had a heart for animals, but when we got Tegan something switched in me. I could not imagine anything happening to her or any dog being abused or neglected. I suddenly wanted to save all dogs. Well now that has expanded to all animals. I had no idea what was going on in other parts of the world involving animals. I don't like the circus and so I chose to ignore it. Well for some reason this book tugged at my heart. Now I want to save all the elephants! I know this sounds crazy.

Animals are voiceless and I think that is why it pains me so much. On a happier note it is a good book and I am excited to see the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment