Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Turbo Kick



Turbo Kick. This has become one of my very favorite workouts over the years. I took this class while at Baylor, then continued taking it at the Y here. I cannot say enough about this class. It is called turbo kick, because in the middle of the workout which is called a "round" there is a "turbo" it is an intense 1:30-3:00 minute blast of cardio.


The entire workout is cardio, but the point of the "turbo" is to increase your heartrate and burn more calories. Now if you are "normal" your class might do around 3 turbos. But here at our Y we do no less than 6 and can end up doing 13!


It is crucial when we move for me to find this class. I have found a few gyms that offer it, but I need one close to where we will live. I am certified to teach group fitness, but would need to get a turbo kick certification to teach this class. I am considering it...

Update: I have ordered some materials to start studying for my certification!!!



1 comment:

  1. Remember when you took me to a similar class once? Wow...Pretty sure that this class would be too much of a challenge for my sweet moves :) Haha! Good job getting your certification! Come teach me!

    ReplyDelete