Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summertime

I love summer. I love that it gets dark later, I love ice-cream and sno-cones, I love walks and smelling fresh cut grass, I love outdoor activities, I love everything about it! It had been too long since Rich and I had a nice little getaway, so to Austin we went! The Hance's and the Roush's headed out for a weekend adventure.

Dinner at Z Tejas after a very successful shopping day.

After dinner we went to Amy's Ice Cream and enjoyed the beautiful night! We woke up a great night's rest we woke up ready for a day at Zilker Park. We headed to rent a kayak! This was my first time on a kayak and I loved it! I like how much faster it goes than a canoe. We had a friendly race with Amanda and Joey...it was a long, long race, and they beat us! We will get them next time! Next stop... Barton Springs!

Barton Springs Pool is cold cold! It was very refreshing, but only in short increments. So much fun watching people, and wishing we had our dogs with us! After day outside, we met my sister, brother in law, our niece, and Rich's sister for dinner. It was a wonderful trip and just what we needed!
Rich with sweet Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment