Rich and I cannot find the words to express how loved we have felt the past month. We have been so touched by our family, friends, church family at FBC Woodway and now at VRBC. The arms that hugged us goodbye and the arms that welcomed us have truly made this transition a bit easier. Knowing how loved we are and how we have family all around us is a great feeling.
The following has happened since my last post:
Rich graduated from Truett (he won an award too!) We are so happy his school days are over!!
We had a going away party with Joy who left this past Tuesday for Honduras. Who knows how long she will be gone :) Joy and I are quiet the opposite personalities, but that is one of the reasons she and I click so well. I love her with all my heart and we have been friends since college. I can't wait for our skype dates!
We had so much fun! Thanks to Kayleigh and Craig for hosting! Craig and Kayleigh have been our best friends since college. Kayleigh ad I were roommates and so were Rich and Craig. We have had so many fun memories that go back to Baylor. We will continue to make those memories. Don't you worry Kay!
Amanda and Joey have become some of our best friends while we have been living in Waco. We met in premarital counseling! Amanda and I instantly connected because we were in very similar situations in our lives. Husbands in school, worked for non profits, enjoyed mindless TV like the bachelor. We are going to miss them so much. Amanda knows me to well and gave us great going away gifts! A gift card to home goods (already spent it) and pictures in adorable frames. She also gave me a shell card so I can come visit!
Natalie and Clark are here in Dallas so no sob story about missing another great couple of friends! They are here! Yay!!
Rich also had his ordination service at Woodway before we left. It was the most incredible experience. It was a sweet time of prayer, words of wisdom, goodbyes, smiles, and tears. Both church families were present and that made it that much more special. We have been taken in my our Waco families and they have graciously turned us over to our new Coppell families. The ordination was followed by a reception and it was awesome! We got to hang out with all the students for a few hours!
One person I did not get a picture with was Lasen! She came in from Houston to support us! Lase has been my roommate and best friend for years now. We continue our friendship over the phone now :)
This is one of the families that graciously welcomed us into their family and we have spent a lot of time with them! There are so many families I could list from Waco, but I was lucky enough to get a picture that night! We love you!

The best part of the night was when Bob told Rich the students had raised money to get him a gift that would last forever and he would share with his kids. Rich immediately said," No, no way!" I looked to my right and saw Connor walking up with a guitar case. I do not know much about guitars, but I know this guitar is a big deal! You can see below how excited Rich was. He loves his new guitar so much!
This man needs no words. We love you Bob!

We are missing this pretty face while she stays at my parents house. Trust me we are actively searching for a home. In the meantime we are here and we are settling in nicely. We have had adventures already! I will write about those next! We are pumped about what is to come. We appreciate all the support! Cards from friends, an unbelievable welcome when we arrived, I will write about that later too. Thank you does not say it all! We love you!
We love you guys and miss you already!
ReplyDelete